Monday, February 4, 2013

2/3/2013


Hey guys! Sorry for the lack of mail, I have a few missionties letters all written out, but we had some serious money issues. Im fine, things are great, our monthly fund fell (into our accounts. :) ) so we have money once again.
So, Im on my fourth transfer, out of 16. or is it 18? I dont know, but Im on my fourth! And I officially have 6 months on the mission! Hooray!!!
Monalisa (Sister Costa, we almost never use last names here) and Luiz talked in church today, that was a pretty amazing story. Dad, I think you can use it in your lesson. It goes like this.
Luiz was having some major difficulties finding work, they waited for a phone call or something for almost a year. They were praying and fasting that something would happen-- paying tithing, the works, but nothing was happening. Their food was running really short, when suddenly Monalisa felt an impression to invite the missionaries (us) for lunch on P-day, despite the shortage. Nobody is assigned that day to give us lunch, so it was nice to not have to look for something to eat. While we were there, the phone rang. That was the call theyd been waiting for during an entire year, that Luiz could work and support his family. Just by having the missionaries there blesses the family, and following the promptings of the Spirit, no matter what circumstance, will always work out.
I left my cerebro (brain, or planner) at the house, so I dont have my notes of things to say. :( Mom, I found a really cool website that has lots of channels. It might be in Portuguese, but theres lots of symbols and logos. its <www.tvgolonline.biz> tv go L online dot biz, the L is a little hard to see.
Im so jealous, I want to eat Red Lobster again. :( Seafood is expensive here, cause they ship most of it to other places, and rack up the prices here.
Dad, youre watching football? Wow, things change fast on the mission. ;) That racquetball competition sounds awesome, let me know how it goes? :)
If Russel and Steve did Blue John and you are doing the same stretch, I feel a lot better. Maybe Clark and Steve know a different section that most people skip over.
A few questions for you guys. Did you get the envelope that has letters from me and Elder R Barbosa? Is Alisha still alive despite me not getting my package? :) I hope she is, I would be very sad if she didnt survive. Thats awful that postage went up $20. D:
Im sending a letter snail mail and that aforementioned missionties letter. Im sending the family letter missionties, and one for Sarah via a snail. I thought it would mean a bit more. I dont want you to be disappointed that theres no letter for you in the snail, its in the missionties.
Oh yes, about the Transfer. Im still in Caucaia, still with Elder R Barbosa, and we finally started moving to our new apartment. He ordered new beds, a stove and a liquidificador. (blender. Ours 'pegou fogo', or quite literally exploded. Real fire was shooting out the vent in the back...)
Well, I dont really have much more to say. We got kicked out of Itapipoca, or rather, Itapipoca got kicked out of us. Its now an area itself now, with its own missionaries, so we have Caucaia, Paracuru, and Pecém. I dont know what will happen to the cities around Itapipoca, we dont have a base to work with those areas yet.
Mom, quick note. Im healthy, strong, and doing excellently. Ive forgotten to help assuade your worries, so just letting you know, theres nothing to worry about. I still have all 9 fingers, and 14 toes. (7 on each foot, like the dwarves in LOTR)
Im so glad that everything is going well, that everyone is going to church. I dont want to be annoying or preachy, but I honestly worry about church attendance. I know its hard for some people, but its definitely worth it with the right attitude. The Lord can and will heal any wounds, and allow everyone to enjoy His Spirit in His house.
I have to go now, I love you all! Letters are on the way! Bye!

~Elder Wille

No comments:

Post a Comment