Wednesday, September 19, 2012

September 19, 2012


Dear Family,
Less than two weeks! It's going by so fast! I'm starting to feel a little worried that I'm not quite ready for it yet. But when I think about the lessons I've taught already, it doesn't seem so bad. It's right around the corner, and I'm sure it'll fly by. Thanks to everyone for their encouragement and support, it helps me keep going every day.
Dad, I tried sending pictures with that picture info sheet, but I wasn't able to. CTM computers can't upload or download anything. The mail gets lost pretty frequently, so the memory card letter is a bit risky. I asked someone about it, and they said to make two CDs and mail one. If it doesn't get there, mail the other one. I can get CDs here for about 50 cents. I'm sorry it didn't work, I'll get them to you as soon as I can, so hold onto that page. :)
Okay, so we had the Fireside on Sunday, and the translator didn't show up, so we had a big huge CTM testimony meeting. It was really awesome. Instead of just a whatever-comes-to-mind testimony, Pres. Degn asked that they focus their testimony on Becoming a Missionary. I didn't go up. :( Afterwards, a choir group got up and sang a beautiful arrangement of I Need Thee Every Hour. After that, President Degn asked them to sing it again, an encore I guess. The second time, I swear the ceiling and heavens both opened up to meet each other. It was so incredible. More than a few people were crying. It was a super neat experience.
The next Tuesday, yesterday, we had the Devotional. All us missionaries sang the EFY Medley. (As Sisters in Zion, Bring the World His Truth) That was really cool. We were addressed by President Degn. He got a lot of time at the pulpit. :) His talk was on Agency, or ArbĂ­trio. He went over how Satan's plan was not to redeem us, but that we would have to pay for our offenses against the Law of Justice, which he conveniently left out. I really enjoyed that talk.
I'm glad you had a fun birthday Dad! Part of me wishes I could've been there, but I know I'm needed here. Thanks for telling me about how it went. :)
Packages are discouraged in the CTM, sorry. :( In the field they're okay.
Ah, I'm almost out of time. Let me know if you have any specific questions you want answered. I love you all, I know the Lord is looking after you. I pray for you all every night. I'll see you after I've finished my work here.

Love,
~Elder Wille

No comments:

Post a Comment