Monday, March 18, 2013

A Few Things... (just a few!)


E ai, beleza? Como vão vocês? :D Its getting pretty hard to talk completely in English, and Ive had many dreams in Portuguese! At least Im pretty sure its Portuguese, its really hard to tell the difference... (who'da thought?)
Nossa, que legal, minha área tem DUAS áreas! And its still smaller than Caucaia. My two areas are Ômega and Boatan. (like boa constrictor, with a nasal A after the T) Its all good, but Im feeling a lack of the Caucaia grandeza, (grandeur, I think) but I like it here too. Its a lot easier to make visits, and its not so devastating when one falls through.
Ive heard that the next transfer (4 weeks from today, this transfer only has 5 weeks, minus the one that just passed) will determine who goes and who stays with President Souza. Before that, I dont think anyone will have the slightest idea. They keep us in the dark a lot. I do know that the new President will be Presidente Cabral, from São Paulo.
I loved my presents! is the adipose dude supposed to float? Cause he just kinda sits at the bottom, but thats okay! And the lego figure is perfect! I only cant figure out if its Frodo or Bilbo. Im-a thinking its Bilbo. :) Thanks so much for resending the package! I know it was a bit pricey, especially to send it twice. :( But I really really appreciate it!
A bit about my apartment: New Companion - Elder Couto, from Santos São Paulo. Other companionship: District Leader - Elder Bott, from Layton UT, training Elder Alves da Silva, from...Santos São Paulo!!! What are the odds??? They didnt know each other before the mission. :/ Oh well. Elder Couto is on his penultimate transfer, and hes most likely going to be transferred to a new area for the last one. President Souza said he wouldnt "die" in Boatan and Ômega. Elder Bott has a year and 2 or 3 months, and Elder Alves is bem verdinho. He has less weeks on the mission than years I have left!
And now my apartment. It has a bit of a problem with the shower drainage system. Sometimes, it backs up and fills the bathroom with foul smelling sewer water, complete with gray gunk. Fun huh? Lets do a baptism!!! And lets not forget my ingrown toenail. Mom, PLEASE do not worry, its almost completely healed up, (I can wear shoes again! Huzzah!) and the dirty water has never made it to my foot. The only problem is it smells exceedingly rank. Thats the mission I guess. :) But on the upside, we have an awesome... washing machine? for clothes, that one. Maquina de lava roupa.
I found a few movies that are absolutely awesome! I know Ice Age 2 bombed, but 3 and 4 are definitely worth watching. Theyre hilarious! And Hotel Transylvania is also extremely entertaining. I highly recommend these movies. Sarah, Ice Age 4 has Nikki Manaj as one of the voices. ;)

On a spiritual note, we recieved this book from the mission office or someplace like that, called Member Missionary Work. Its super great! We tried a technique of tracting that actually gets results! First you pray, tell the Lord youre going tracting at this time, repent and ask for inspiration. Then look at the map together, write down around 10 streets that you have the smallest inkling that it could be right. Then each missionary takes these 10 streets and prays again, writes 3 or 4 streets. Compare lists, and whaddaya know?? One or two are frequently the same. Then you go and knock doors.
Using this (slightly adapted, cause we have 2 maps) we found a family with 2 men that fell away. One of them has a family with 2 kids, a girl age 9 and a boy age 6. Theres around 8 or 9 people in that house, but I cant remember their names at the moment. D:
Tracting only works when the Spirit is there, and tells you exactly what to do. I thought that was really cool.

Mom, I made the gingerbread scones for my companions. They LOVED them, but ate a bit too much, and they feel a bit sick. :S hahaha. Except for Elder Alves da Silva, he put his last one in the fridge. :) He's the wise one.
And no, I didnt forget. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR MOOOOM! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!!!!!

(Same tune)
PARABENS PARA VOCÊ
NESSA DATA QUERIDA,
MUITAS FELICIDADES,
MUITOS ANOS DE VIDA!

É PIQUE! É PIQUE!
É HORA! É HORA!
RÁ-TIM-BUM!

I hope your birthday was very special Mom. or, in the case that you read it before, I hope it will be very special. Just forget about the world, your worries, your cares, even me, and let everything fall into place. A very happy birthday to you Mom. <:-)

Note to Dad: I dont express it very much, but I am truly thankful to have you as my dad. I wouldnt want anyone else, nobody can take your place. Im so grateful for the adventures and the time you spent with me. :) I really look forward to the next grand adventure 'of the infamous Jack Sparrow.' :) I cant look forward to it too much, or I get a bit trunky. :S And I loved the new creeper picture! I showed that one and the other creepers to Elder Couto, and he laughed pretty hard. :)
Ive been thinking a lot about potential. Ive wondered a few times if it happens on the mission, where youre the closest to God. But that doesnt make a whole lot of sense, when you have the rest of your life ahead of you to do better. What are your thoughts on that?
Last little bit, would you be willing to send an attached photo or two of the new car this week? It sounds really sweet, Id like to see it.

Well, thats about it for this week. Im still a bit lost when we go out for visits, but Im slowly learning the roads. Im starting to actually learn new things in the scriptures. Instead of just read, try to become an expert on whats going on. It makes the reading more enjoyable, and it benefits the soul, your life, your family, and you come closer to Christ. Apply, apply, apply. :)
Com muito amor (e sem corn chips)

~Elder Wille

P.S. Just one can of Pink Lemonade. Thank you so much! Oh, almost forgot! Mexican food is almost nonexistant here... :´(

No comments:

Post a Comment