Monday, May 27, 2013

Eh, Nothing Exciting This Week... <---- Okay thats a lie


Well, the mission has been split. Elder Villalba, my last companion stayed in Ômega and Boatan, but is now a District Leader! Yay! Elder Couto, the one before Elder Villalba, is at home now in his beloved Santos. :) Elder Southworth has gone to the Fortaleza East (Leste) Mission, as well as the companionship that lived in the same house as us, Elder Bott and Elder Silva. (Elder Bott is from Utah, Elder Silva is from Santos, São Paulo)
As for me, I have been moved, but Im still in the original Brazil Fortaleza Mission! A ward/area called Palmares, (Pahl-MAH-dees) in the Stake Bom Jardim. (Bohng xah-JEENG, Good Garden. That x is the same sound of the S in "vision") So Mom and Dad, you can go ahead and send the package, I didnt move missions. :D I actually was kind of hoping to stay.
Everybody buckle up, I got a doozie for you guys here. So, Im a couple days shy of 10 months, Im sitting there in the chapel with everyone at the transfer meeting. The Assistants are reading off the new District Leaders, Zone Leaders, etc. Im sitting there listening, and suddenly EU VIREI TREINADOR! Im going to be training a new missionary!!!
I was listening to the names being read off as trainers. Elder so-and-so, (stands up, sits down) Elder so-and-so, (same thing) Elder Wille (?) (O.O) Me? ME? Yep. Just over nine months, and Im going to have a son. Ironic, huh? (A 'son' is the missionary you train, and you are his 'dad') I could not believe it at first, Im going to be a trainer.
So trainers are missionaries that are good enough in the field to be entrusted with a new Elder straight from the MTC. The way you teach, act, or even talk will influence his mission from the start. Its a heavy responsibility, and Im actually a bit nervous. But, I know that whatever happens, it will be a fantastic experience, I will learn a lot, and I have what I need to do this. The Lord shapes the back that bears the load, and I believe that is what will happen with me. I would appreciate very much a few prayers on my behalf. :)
The new missionaries are arriving tomorrow, and they dont tell us specifics. I dont know if I will be training a Brazilian or American or if there will even be Americans in this group. (I was the only one when I arrived) Sorry for lack of details, but all I know is that Im training.

Okay, now that thats all over and done, Sarah I specifically remembered you during the exact time you were graduating. :) Including the 3 hour difference from here to there. :) Parabéns for completing High School, you made it! :)

Now for Facebook. Could you accept Fernando Nogueira, Tiago Mesquita, Manu Moraes, Matthew Clay, and Bekah Anderson?
 Thanks! Manu is Manoela from last letter. :)
And Dad, thanks for the pictures! Its great to see everyone alive and well!

Im sorry you had to cancel the trip to the lake, that is a huge bummer! Next time youll just have to make up for it. :) I get a little trunky when I think too much about watersports, or when members bring up some photos of me wakeboarding on facebook. (I think my security is a little loose, if they can see that)

Mom, they have a few fast food places here. McDonalds is one Ive seen, and they even have Burger King! Ive heard of a Pizza Hut here, and a surprising one is Domino's Pizza. They also have an Arab style fast food place called Habib's (Ha-beebees) that sells mini-flat-bread-pizza-type things but with just meat and onions. Cheese too, if you ask for it. The only thing with the American fast food is that it is really expensive. Habibs is less so, Ive only had it twice and only at a members house. There is no See's Candy here, infelizmente. :'(

This is all the exciting news I have. We cleaned the house after arriving, and ate fried chicken patties (like a "flippin' enormous" chicken nugget) with pizza sauce and cheese on giant rolls. I dont think we will get to watch a movie this week, but I will tell you about the movie last week. We watched the new Disney Wreck-it Ralph. I LOVED that movie, it was so well made! Humor, romance, action, everything! I highly recommend it, but not so much in Portuguese cause the little girl is really hard to understand.
Em fim, thanks for everyone who is reading my blog. :P hahaha, but really, thanks all you guys, youre all wonderful and I miss everyone! Stay strong, the end is near. I know that Jesus is the Christ. I know that He lives, He loves us, and He gave His life for us. He would do it over again for any one of us, if need be. Nobody is too lost or strayed too far to feel His love.

~Elder Wille

P.S. I heard about a tornado that destroyed most of Oklahoma City, or something to that effect. Whats the latest news on that?

No comments:

Post a Comment