Monday, August 5, 2013

Another Year, Gone. ~Albus Dumbledore

Woohoo! I finally have less time left than I have currently! It makes me happy, but also really sad. Time is really going to fly by. So I did get my package with coconut scones and the pictures. :) I only have one problem with the dvd player at home. It wont read some of the pictures, like the ones from Ariannes wedding. I was able to get a 1/2 second preview of a super small image while browsing the file tree. I will try it at a members house, hopefully the dvd will work there. I really really really enjoyed the pictures! Our poor little dog is looking about her age. :( But shes still so stinkin cute, everybody loves the snow and cigarro pictures that I have in my album.
Okay, I dont have a whole lot of news, and sadly not a lot of time either. :( I will copy and paste a story that happened, but its in portuguese cause I sent it to President Souza.
We finally cleaned our house. President and Sister Souza showed up to our District meeting by surprise, and they informed us that they would be visiting our house right after. Ah crap. Earlier I had done 2 splits with our leaders, both telling me to Clean the house. I got the impression to clean the house on P-Day, but I chose to study the book of Revelation instead. (with a study manual, it makes so much sense!!!) And then, when we least expected it, President Souza makes a visit, and it was really not in good shape. On the drive over (in his very luxurious Hilux) we felt like the condemned to death. It really wasnt too bad, but still not the most pleasant of visits.
This Tuesday, while we are in centro marking a marriage date, Im making a trip to the podôlogo, the foot doctor, to get my foot taken care of. Its still giving me problems, and I want my shoes back as soon as I can.

Here is my little story:
Estávamos ensinando uma moça que parecia bastante mole no inicio, com dois recém-conversos. Percebi durante a Apostasia que isso não daria certo, que ela não estava aprendendo, e o Espírito estava faltando. Eu fiz uma pergunta se ela estava entendendo, ela respondeu que não. Eu fiz um resumo da Igreja de Cristo, como Deus a tirou, e as pessoas não estavam encontrando felicidade real, aplicou um pouco para ela. Prestei testemunho, e o Espírito reviveu, ela começou a aprender e participar, até mesmo desejar um pouco. Ela aceitou o convite de ser batizada, vamos marcar uma data na proxima visita. Sem o Espírito, nada disso teria acontecido. Realmente Doutrina e Convênios está certo, que se eles não aprenderem pelo mesmo Espírito, não ensinaremos. Não significa que nossa lingua não funcionará, mas que eles simplesmente não entenderão nem aceitarão plenamente. E ai, eles não vão ser batizados. Aprendi uma lição crítico aquele dia, ou melhor duas, a segunda sendo: Não pode ensinar mostrando sono, de jeito nenhum.
Good luck! :)
[Google translation] We were teaching a girl who seemed quite soft at first, with two new converts. Realized during the apostasy that would not work, she was not learning, and Spirit was missing. I asked a question if she was understanding, she said no. I made a summary of the Church of Christ, as God hath taken away, and people were not finding real happiness, applied a little to her. I bore witness, and Spirit revived, she began to learn and participate, even desire a bit. She accepted the invitation to be baptized, we will schedule a date next visit. Without the Spirit, nothing would have happened. Really Doctrine and Covenants is right, that if they do not learn by the Spirit, not teach. Does not mean that our language does not work, but they just do not fully understand or accept. And then, they will not be baptized. Learned a critical lesson that day, or rather two, the second is: You can not teach showing sleep, no way.

The garden is HUGE! Why didnt you tell me you planted a jungle in the backyard?? Its so pretty too, and I bet the veggies are super tasty.
Dad, the music you sent me is exactly what I wanted, thank you! :D
I went river rafting twice, its a blast! Im sure youll have a super fun time! Brock McMillan goes quite often, Im sure you can ask him if you have any questions or doubts. :) In the calm parts of the river, wars are pretty common, and with the Booths, I think at least one is inevitable. :) Have a great time, and throw lots of young whipper-snappers in the water!
Today, I think the elders are going to play volleyball. Should be interesting with flip flops and stuff. :) Vai dar certo. Anyway, I gotta end this beast. Have a wonderful week, try not to miss me too much, cause.... Santa Claus is comin' to town!!! In a year!
~Elder Wille

No comments:

Post a Comment