Monday, August 26, 2013

Palmares 26-8-2013



Hello família! As of late, Ive been having a real hard time talking and even thinking in English. I think Im done-for when I get home. :S
So, I went to the Podologo again, and they put a retainer thing to help the nail grow normally, but only on one. The other still needs to dis-inflame (yes, I do rather enjoy creating new words from Portuguese. ;) ) to put on the other side. I go in on Friday at 11:20. I really hope that it works and that I can wear shoes again. I just have to take good care of things.
Okay, I loaned my camera card to someone to copy pictures, so I dont have it with me today. I get it back tomorrow, at least I hope. :S Theres this adorable little girl in the ward, both parents are Brazilian with darker toned skin and black hair. She is very white with red hair, and the cutest thing ever! Ana Louisa is her name, I will send those pictures next week. And lots more too.
Okay, so Elder Tamanho is from Curitiba, has some Italian blood, likes to eat, and has 2 brothers. One is older and married, the other is younger than him and I think single. He wants to learn English, so Im going to help him out on that. Hes been on the mission for 4 months, which is the same time that Elder Savaryn had when he left. Elder Tamanho's family are all in the church, so thats really cool. He didnt leave a girlfriend at home.
Então, I didnt know this about being district leader last week, so I think I will share it with you. Every other week I give a training session in the district meeting, training the teaching techniques. Also, my district is very, very new. We have three pairs of Elders and one of them is me! :) And the other two are both training and opening areas, one of them is a double. Two areas and training, its gotta be super hard. Both trainers only have 8 or 9 months (I had 10 with Elder Savaryn) and Elder Tamanho has 4 months. I have a big plate on my hands, and my Zone Leader says I dont know how big. But I know that all will go well, a little rough in some areas. But its these areas where we grow the most, like the Pioneers in the Martin and Willie Handcart Companies. They paid a huge price, but the reward was also of exceedingly great value. They passed through those miserable conditions, but one of them made the comment that they came through knowing that God exists, because they got acquainted with Him in their trials. Everything spiritual comes with some form of sacrifice.

A bit of homework for everyone. I encourage all you reading this to pray to Heavenly Father and ask him if the Church is true, and if Joseph Smith was a prophet every day for a week straight. For those of you who already have this testimony, this exercise will fortify it and help you overcome more challenges that we have every day. Those who have an intellectual testimony like I had will gain the spiritual part. It will fill a part of you that you didnt know was empty, and its something very special to be had. Like we all say here, we cant force you, but I encourage everyone to try it. :)
Im glad to be staying in Palmares, but Im really sad that Elder Savaryn had to leave. I would have preferred him stay and me go to another area. Normally, I dont like to be transferred because of the things that I dont know. Where I will go, who I will be with, etc. The only thing they tell us is who is leaving and who is staying, and where to meet.
Sarah, congratulations on joining the fold3 club! Sadly, we dont have jackets. :) Im sorry your other job didnt go so well, but it sounds like you stuck in there for a good while and taking lots of flak for it. :) And teaching other employees how to do things? If it werent frusterating, Id say that is super neat! I hope you like it at fold3, theres some really good people there. :)
One other thing. I feel like such a sinner! I bought Kung Fu Panda 2, the pirated version, for R$2, or less than a dollar. But it had English AND Portuguese! I couldnt resist. >:) hahaha. I think that if we have enough time, we will watch it today.
Note to Mom. In spite of my toes (I got the nickname dedão) Im doing really well. Tired almost constantly, hungry most of the time, but really good. :) The members give good lunches here, and they almost never fall through. I have many people looking out for me here, so you dont have to worry near as much. :)
Note to Dad. Im happy that the trip to Egypt is going to work out! I would worry about the rope too. Normally the canyoneers are good mannered about helping out and leaving stuff that others need, but the road is not all canyoneers. :( What kind of rock are you putting in the backyard? Landscaping boulders, or more pebble stuff like the garden?
also, how do you pronounce the turtles name? Or for that matter, how do you type it? :D hahaha. Thanks for the pictures, that sunset was brilliant! Every once in a while we get one almost as good as that one. Makes me miss home a little bit. Just a bit.
Okay, Ive bored you all to death by now. Talk to you all at Christmas, more news coming next week if I get my card back from Brenda. Love you! Stay true to the faith, the Lord is right around the corner. The work is accelerating to prepare the hearts of man for the great and glorious day of the Lord.
Isso não tenha poder para vos arrastar para ao abismo de miséria e angústia sem fim, por causa da rocha sobre a qual estais edificados, que é um alicerce seguro; e se os homens edificarem sobre esse alicerce, não cairão. ~Helamã 5:12
~Elder Wille

No comments:

Post a Comment