Monday, February 17, 2014

Benfica 17-2-2014

Dear family,

Is it really the second half of Fevereiro? Where has the time gone? I mean seriously, at this rate I will be home in a month! I wont have time to write anymore!

I think what Pablo meant to say is Now the picture of them is better. We're just great over here. :) He only tries to kill me every other week. :P haha.
Okay, aparently they dont have a google translate for Brazilian shorthand. ie, lol u want 2 go 2 the store? brb. What is this world coming to, not having that option nowadays??
Here is the translation:
Grande amigo Wille, não sou que nem Pablo, não sei falar inglês mas gostaria que seus pais possam ficar tranquilo porque você encontrou amigos e estamos aqui para lhe (te) ajudar. Obrigado por nos dar a oportunidade para mim e minha esposa sermos seus amigos, e quem sabe, um dia possamos conhecer sua família. Grande abraço.
English anyone?
Great Friend Wille, Im not like Pablo, I dont speak english but I would like your parents to not worry because you found friends and we are here to help you. Thank you for giving me and my wife the oportunity to be your friends, and who knows? One day we may get to know your family. Big hug.

Could you send this to Joana? And could it be in a way that if President looks on facebook, he wont get the idea that Im using facebook? thanks!
Cara amiga Joana, vou mandar uma carta melhor em breve. Tenho que primeiro pedir autorização do presidente da missão para lhe escrever, porque ainda estou na missão. Espera só um tempinho.

hahaha, date night sounds like a great idea! :D if I want to get sent home in a wink. I think I want to finish first. :)
I would absolutely LOVE to go all day to Brighton! How did you know that Ive been missing the cold? I swear it was almost 40 degrees here on Friday. What was the actual temperature that day?
How many people can fit on the new tube? it must be a monster! Can Todd barrel-roll it like his tube? :)
Dad, I think you should definitely do Cassidy arch. (Have I been on that one? The one where we couldnt see if the rope was at the bottom with Todd?) You will see VERY quickly which are the real men of the group. ;)

Mom Elder Benitez is going pretty well. Physical adaptation is good, the language is a bit hard for him, and he didnt become fluent in spanish, so it helps and hurts at the same time. His parents did what you guys did, converse in the second language so we chillins didnt know what was happening.
I knew Porto Rico has a U and E somewhere, but didnt know where, so I just went with Brazilian. Much easier for me. :D
The Elders from America depends quite a bit on their visa. They can be like me, and start in Brazil if they have the visa. Or if they dont, they go to Provo. After the MTC, some still dont have their visa, so they serve in a US mission until their visa arrives. They learn Portuguese in the MTC, but promptly forget it when they serve english speaking in the US. :S Even though they study the language in the US during study time, its pretty much like starting fresh. Whew! Understand all that? ;)
Today I made those divine maple and oat scones. :) Not quite number 1, but still quite tasty. My package still hasnt arrived in my hands. It might be an the Mission office, where they hold it until Wednesday (district meeting)
Brazilians I think are a more social people, but especially here where its hotter, they people are also warmer. The southern Brasileiros are more quiet like US people, or so Ive heard.
Mom, I know Leonard and Penny only from the file name of the picture Dad sent. :S Past that, I have no idea. Your Valentines day Card did get through, thank you! And no, I dont feel very much like a giant. Pablo does, but its really pretty normal here. I am a little taller than most people.
The computer still is being persnickety about my camera card. D: And i got a virus on my pen drive, so my backup pictures are gone. Luckily, I didnt wipe my card yet!!! :D
Um, I havent heard of anyone who wanted the quad for a while, but thanks for the update! I will think of some things that I want for my last package. :)
Fofinho is pretty much exactly like that. Everyone says that when they see Skeelee's picture.
Cachorra is not a bad word, but calling someone Preto is. ;) hahaha its okay, Im not offended. The odd thing is that nigger is the more politically correct word to use of the two.
Im pretty sure Pablo is going to BYU, so I think he will be up with us sometime in the winter. And he really wants to go rapelling. (Dad, can we do the honors?)

Quick note. Sarah, did you get my letter? I miss having you write to me, I was always so happy to get your letters, even though I took forever to reply! Whats been your latest death-defying adventure? :)

Okay, this is turning into a novel. Sorry for not writing a whole lot to you in this letter Dad! :( Im so glad that you got the bug resolved in your project! It sounded really big and important, so all the better.
I hope you all have a good week, we are going to be busy! Pray for lots of new investigators! You guys are marvelous!

~Elder Wille

No comments:

Post a Comment